If trading stocks for fun isn’t the path to creating wealth — what is?
The reason people confuse trading with investing is because trading is easier to understand. Buy when they’re low and sell when they’re high. Simple enough.
But the truth is, the most practical path to creating wealth in the stock market is to buy good investments and never sell them — ever.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- Why it’s much harder to determine when to sell than when to buy
- Why the longer time horizon you have, the better off you’ll be
- The two reasons most people are tempted to sell their investments (and why they’re both mistakes)
- Why the hardest part about investing is having ‘sell discipline’
- Why it’s so hard to determine what’s driving changes in stock prices (and why you shouldn’t bother trying)