We’ve got some bad news for you.
You know that money you have sitting in the bank? The money you worked really hard to earn?
Tomorrow, it’s going to be worth less than it is today. And the day after that, it’ll be worth even less. Eventually as the days, months, and years pass — if it stays in the bank — it’ll eventually become worthless (dramatization).
This is an uncomfortable realization for most people. The idea that the longer you hold on to your money, the less it’s worth. What’s even more uncomfortable is the fact that the entire economic system is actually setup to make your money lose value over time.
So what do you do? Throw caution to the wind and spend it all before it’s worthless? Not exactly.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- Why money only has value because we agree it has value
- The story of Brazil’s hyper inflation and what it teaches us about what money is really worth
- Why your money is designed to lose value the longer you keep it in the bank
- The only two things your money is actually good for
- The very real dangers of not investing your money in productive assets